New Licensing System
The licensing system has been completely rewritten to correct problems some users experienced where they were asked to re-enter their license code. In addition most users will now also be able to benefit from the following new licensing features:
- The add-in no longer requires the end-user to have write-accessible permissions. In other words, the add-in can now be installed under "Program Files" by a user with administrative privileges and can then be used by a user without administrative privileges.
- As support for roaming users, the add-in licensing information is stored in a separate file in the "roaming profile" section of the personal profile. Thus companies that utilize roaming profiles will have the license migrated to the roaming machine automatically.
- The licensing information is retained during upgrades; that is, users upgrading from a version 2.2 alpha add-in will not need to re-enter their license code. You will, however, need to re-enter the code if you are upgrading from version 2.1 or earlier.
- Licensing (and other preferences) work much faster now.
- The licensing screen layout has been changed to work better on low resolution displays.
- Another focus of the DTrio 2.2 release was to implement some of the most frequently requested additions to the DTrio Tornado Wizard. Users can now choose whether to use values or cell references for the Tornado source data. As can be seen in the screenshot above, when cell references are selected, each variable is assigned a cell reference from which to obtain the min/base/max value rather than directly entering these. If 'Values' is selected, the behavior is the same as it was in DTrio 2.1 and values are entered directly.
- Cell references are now optionally shown in the legend table. This enables easier auditing of Tornado Charts. Please note that Tornadoes created using older versions of DTrio need to be recalculated so that the cell references can be shown.
- Two new buttons have been added to the Tornado toolbar to allow the cell references column to be shown/hidden, and to allow the entire legend to be shown/hidden. These features have been requested to enable taking screen-captures of Tornadoes easier:
- Tornado inputs
(min/base/max) can optionally be sorted according to the results they
caused. For example, if the user enters 'downtime' as 5/25/80
(min/base/max), it is most likely that the 'max' input will result in a
minimum NPV. If the option to "Sort input values corresponding to
results" is selected, the inputs will show in the reverse (or 'true')
order in the Tornado legend.
Please note that this is a global setting that changes the display of all Tornadoes. On some systems, you may need to open the Tornado Wizard and click 'O' on your Tornado sheets for this setting to take effect. This is due to Excel® caching issues. If you do not take this step, all calculations will still be correct, but some of the inputs may still be shown in the order entered until a Tornado has been re-created in this manner.
- A DTrio options dialog has been added to expose the sort inputs feature, as well as default settings for new Tornados. The DTrio options are available from the DTrio menu on the Excel menu bar.
- The Tornado Wizard has a new screen layout to fit better in low resolution displays.
- Please note that Tornados created or edited with DTrio 2.2 cannot be edited using older versions of DTrio. They can still be viewed but cannot be changed using DTrio 2.1.
- All DTrio templates can now be opened without the DTrio add-in being installed. This enables unlicensed users to view the work of their peers. Please note that templates opened this way should not be changed in any way, since changes may lead to corruption.
- All DTrio templates have had 'scratchpad' space opened up wherever possible, so that you are able to take notes or make calculations.
- Calculations have been added to allow subtraction of cost of information in the DTrio generic VOI template in the Go Now tree configurations. The input cell for the cost of information is located in the sensitivity area of the Imperfect Tree sheet. Please note that you must switch on sensitivities for the calculations to take effect.
All Content © Decision Frameworks, L.P.